Celebrating success stories, inspirational achievements and key developments from Northern Ireland.
- Queen’s University Belfast student Kevin Toner has been named Study USA Student of the Year.
- Queen’s University Belfast and Ulster University have launched a new joint website as part of their £30 million commitment to the Belfast Region City Deal (BRCD)
- Fifty-four students from across Northern Ireland are off to study in the USA this month.
- Cruise Belfast has opened the first dedicated cruise terminal on the island of Ireland to cater for Belfast’s growing popularity as a cruise destination
- The 148th Open Golf Championship one of the biggest golf events took place in Northern Ireland from 14-21 July 2019
- The European Association of Archaeology (EAA) conference will take place in the city in August 2022
- 35 students from across Northern Ireland are set to take part in international work placements this summer.
Tourism in Northern Ireland remains on track to be a £1bn industry by 2020, the latest official figures suggestEstimated spending in 2018 was £968m across five million overnight trips.
- The new Alliance aims to improve the quality of health of citizens and boost the Northern Ireland economy
- The new centre will be located in Davagh Forest, Cookstown