Podcast | Kerri McCrea
Kerri McCrea grew up on a dairy farm in Co Tyrone and says she has been surrounded by animals all her life. She studied zoology at Queen's before moving to Thailand in 2013.
Since then, she and her Thai-Karen husband Sombat have set up their own elephant project called Kindred Spirit Elephant Sanctuary which works with local communities to bring elephants home to the forest and away from a life of work in the tourism industry.
Find out about:
- Kerri’s love for animals from a young age
- The career path of a Zoologist
- Why she moved to Thailand to set up an elephant sanctuary
- What it like living in a hill-tribe village
- The impact COVID has had on the ‘elephant industry’
- And the greatest challenges/successes she’s faced along the way