When was the last time you had one of these?
Not only are these sweat treats a native heavenly home of marshmallow gooeyness, they are also native to Northern Ireland.
Other global climes may boast fine patisserie, but no matter where you are in the world, you can serve up a flavour of home with the humble 15.
If you’re in North America, replace the Digestive biscuits with Graham Crackers. Other ideas are ginger snaps or any wheat biscuit you can get your mitts on.
15 Digestive biscuits, crushed
15 glacé cherries, cut in quarters
15 marshmallows, cut in quarters
150ml condensed milk
75g desiccated coconut
1. Place all of the ingredients except for the coconut into a bowl.
2. Mix together until the mixture becomes a soft, moist dough.
Northern Irish Connections TIP: If it’s a little too dry to the touch, add a little more condensed milk. Ideally, it should stick to your fingers when lightly touched.
3. Form into a long sausage shape about 7cm thick.
4. Sprinkle the desiccated coconut over the sausage shaped mixture.
5. Pat it all over with your hands and wrap in cling film.
6. Place into the fridge to set for 2–3 hours.
Slice with a knife and enjoy with a cuppa!